You will need to provide:
- Your Birth Certificate and Passports.
- If either party has been previously married and has since separated/divorced, then you will need to present a Decree Absolute (Divorce) document.
- If you have been widowed then you will need to provide a Death Certificate of your spouse.
- Parental consent if under the age of 21 years
- Scanned copies of these documents as well as a completed Intent to Marry form need to be sent to Essence Tours at least one month prior to travel, so that they can be lodged with the Ministry of Justice prior to your arrival.
It is essential that you take the originals with you.
All documentation should be in English and clear to read.
You will also need to be in Samoa at least four working days before your intended wedding date.
Many, if not most, of the Christian denominations are well represented in Samoa. You can have a Religious Celebrant or a Non Religious Celebrant perform your ceremony. The choice is yours.
If you require a Roman Catholic priest to perform the Ceremony, you will need baptism certificates and written confirmation to marry from your local Parish Priest.